Parents and carer code of conduct
Parents and carer code of conduct
At Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust we are very fortunate to have a supportive and friendly parent/carer body. Our parents/carers recognise that educating children is a process that involves partnership between parents/carers, class teachers and the school community.
As a partnership, our parents/carers will understand the importance of a good working relationship to equip children with the necessary skills for adulthood. For these reasons we continue to welcome and encourage parents/carers to participate fully in the life of our Trust Schools. The purpose of this policy is to provide a reminder to all parents/carers and visitors to our schools about the expected conduct.
Our core values as a Multi-Academy Trust are:
- Excellence – We strive for the highest quality to ensure excellent outcomes
- Dedication – We believe there is dignity in hard work and effort
- Ambition – We want the very best for our students
- Integrity – We believe in openness and transparency
- Tradition – We believe in old fashioned manners, courtesy and respect
With these values in mind, we expect parents/carers to respect the caring ethos of our schools by:
- Understanding that both teachers and parents/carers need to work together for the benefit of their children.
- Demonstrating that all members of the school community should be treated with respect and therefore set a good example in their own speech and behaviour when communicating with any member of the Multi-Academy Trust community.
- Seeking to clarify a child’s version of events with the school’s view in order to bring about a peaceful solution to any issue.
- Correcting their own child’s behaviour especially in public where it could otherwise lead to conflict, aggressive behaviour or unsafe behaviour.
- Approaching the school courteously to help resolve any issues of concern.
- Avoiding using staff as threats to influence children’s behaviour.
In order to support a peaceful and safe school environment the schools in the Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust cannot tolerate parents/carers and visitors exhibiting the following:
- Disruptive or aggressive behaviour.
- Being rude or using offensive or threatening language to a member of school staff, academy associate, visitor, fellow parent/carer or student; in person, over the telephone or in written communication.
- Approaching someone else’s child in order to discuss the actions of that child towards their own child or to chastise them for those actions.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol or other drugs whilst on school property.
- Dogs being brought on to school premises.
Should any of the above behaviour occur on Trust School premises the Trust School may feel it is necessary to contact the appropriate authorities and if necessary, ban the offending adult from entering the school grounds.
We trust that parents/carers will assist our Trust Schools with the implementation of this policy and we thank you for your continuing support of the school.
Inappropriate use of Social Network Sites
Social media websites can sometimes be used to fuel campaigns and complaints against schools, the Principal, school staff, and in some cases other parents/carers/students. The Board of Directors considers the use of social media websites in this way as unacceptable and not in the best interests of the students or the whole school community. In serious cases the Trust School will also consider taking advice as to its other options in dealing with any such misuse of social networking and other sites. Any concerns you may have about any of our Trust Schools must be made through the appropriate channels by speaking to the class teacher, the Principal or the Chair of the Academy Association, so they can be dealt with fairly, appropriately and effectively for all concerned. We would expect that parents/carers would make all persons responsible for collecting children aware of this policy.