Fairfax ARKS are the behaviours we expect our students to display. All behaviours will be addressed under the four values/rules. Rewards and recognition will be awarded under the four values/rules, and students will work towards their ARKS badges to wear proudly on their uniform.
What does ambition look like?
Being ambitious means:
- Working hard in lessons and being resilient when faced
- Participating in school life and contributing to your House
- Having good attendance and being punctual
- Wearing your uniform with pride and representing Fairfax
- Planning for your future and aiming high
What does being respectful look like?
Being respectful means:
- Demonstrating good manners to staff, students and
- Looking after the school environment and keeping it tidy
- Responding to staff requests, the first time you are asked
- Speaking to people with courtesy and respect both in
school and the community
- Being considerate of others’ personal space
What does kindness look like?
Being kind means:
- Accepting people for who they are, regardless of their
- Thinking of others’ feelings and being considerate of others’
points of view
- Going above and beyond to help and support others, especially
those in need
- Thinking about the impact your words will have, before
- Remembering that if you would not say it face to face, you
should not say it online
What does safety look like?
Being safe means:
- Behaving sensibly on school site and in the community
- Following staff instructions, the first time you are asked
- Thinking about the risks before doing something
- Using technology sensibly and being safe online
- Telling an adult if something is worrying you