The following information has been provided Mr David Handy, Senior Student Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment and Outreach Team of Newman University. Our thanks go to him and his team for providing support during these uncertain times.
Live Webinar Sessions
We know from talking to our partners in the school and college community that students are still looking for information on higher education pathways, and many have questions that they would like to ask but haven’t found a way to do so. At Newman University we are constantly looking at new ways in which we can support you, and our April season of webinars will hopefully offer the opportunity for your students to find answers to their many questions! Students can signup via the links below :
- Introduction to Higher Education : Thursday 2 April (11am)
- Student Finance : Thursday 7 April (11am)
- Introduction to Higher Education : Wednesday 8 April (2pm)
- How To Make A Successful UCAS Application : Tuesday 14 April (11am)
- How To Write An Effective Personal Statement : Thursday 16 April (2pm)
- Introduction to Higher Education : Tuesday 21 April (2pm)
- Student Finance : Thursday 23 April (2pm)
- How To Write An Effective Personal Statement : Monday 27 April (11am)
- How To Make A Successful UCAS Application : Wednesday 29 April (2pm)
We already have a significant number of student signed up for our first event on 2 April – we will review the content and delivery style as we too adapt to new ways of working with you. Once we have clarification from the government as to when face to face activity may begin again we will look to add webinar dates for May and beyond if necessary.
The following videos support your KS4 and KS5 learners in their careers programme whilst they are working from home. We have tweaked a couple of the presentations, plus included a new offering exploring the different types of degrees available.
- Introduction to Higher Education (suitable for KS4 and KS5 learners)
- A World Of Opportunity : University Degree Pathways (suitable for KS4 and KS5 learners)
- How To Make A Successful UCAS Application (suitable for KS5 learners)
- Writing An Effective Personal Statement (suitable for KS5 learners)
- Student Finance (suitable for Year 13 / Final Year students)
Open Days 2020
At this time many of your Year 12 students will be thinking about starting to research courses and universities for the future, and that the current situation has led to a lot of uncertainty amongst students as to what their next destination will be. With UCAS Exhibitions currently postponed, and with traditional IAG events such as careers fayres not running at the moment students are looking for ways to find out more about university pathways. Alongside our webinar and video offering, we are still intending to run our Summer Open Days will take place on the following dates :
- Wednesday 10th June 2020 : 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday 4th July 2020 : 10am – 3pm
At present we are planning online offerings for the Summer as we do not yet know when the current government restrictions will be lifted. There will be opportunities to hear from our academics about the exciting range of courses on offer, as well as opportunities to ask questions of academics, current students and our support services. There will be chance for a virtual tour for students to get a feel for our campus, and also to explore our accommodation options. Students and their families can sign up for our Open Days and we will confirm to them nearer the time whether these will be traditional ‘face to face’ session on our campus or virtual sessions delivered online.
For further information and to book for any of these dates please visit www.newman.ac.uk/opendays