In the Accelerated Progress Class, we concentrate on English and Maths skills in all our lessons. Pupils are taught by the same teacher for English, Maths and Humanities. Areas we focus on weekly are grammar, reading and life skills.
We expect all pupils to read for their homework every night as well as nightly spelling and times table practise. Pupils have a weekly library lesson to encourage reading as well as a weekly Key Skills Maths lesson which includes times tables.
We read a variety of books throughout the year in English. These include:
- The Blurred Man (Diamond Brothers) Paperback – 4 Jun 2007 by Anthony Horowitz, ISBN-10: 1406306541
- The Boy Who Biked the World: On the Road to Africa Paperback – 30 Apr 2011 by Alastair Humphreys ISBN-10: 1903070759
- Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet Paperback – 28 Aug 2003 by Andrew Matthews ISBN-10: 1841213365
- The Minpins Paperback – 4 Sep 2008 by Roald Dahl ISBN-10: 0141501782
- The Witches Paperback – 7 Feb 2013 by Roald Dahl ISBN-10: 0141346418
For websites please use: